Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Not so happy birthday to Ella!

Yesterday my baby girl turned 6!! I can hardly believe it! Who gave her permission to get older? it surely wasn't me! Anyway, she had strep throat last Tuesday and has been on Amoxicillin since then, on Tuesday night, right before bed, she told me her arms were itchy and she had a few bug bites, or hives so I gave her some benadryl and sent her to bed. On Wednesday morning, she crawled into my bed around 6 and told me she was still itchy. I was still 1/2 asleep so I told her I would look at her arms when the alarm went off. About 15 min later, I wasn't quite in such a stupor so I turned on the light to see what was going on. I gasped as I discovered that she was COVERED head to toe in bright red hives!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Her Dr. doesn't open until 8:15, so I kept her home from school and let her open one of her birthday presents to play with until it was time to go to the DR. We dropped Wes off at Nana's house before our appointment and since we had a bit of time, Nana let Ella open her presents. She was especially excited about her new "Happy Napper" unicorn and "Spy Kids 3".
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After her Dr. appointment where we found out that she is allergic to penicillin and cannot take that type of antibiotic anymore we got a Dr's note and headed to school. We got there just in time for me to help Ella with their morning assignment. (I usually volunteer on Wednesdays in the classroom) before heading down to lunch. Nana and Wes met us for lunch and Nana brought Ella her favorite Chinese food for lunch. She also got chocolate milk, AND an ice cream. What a lucky girl! I also gave Mrs. Miller some money to buy the whole class Ice cream later that day. They ended up having a "Popsicle picnic" outside in the afternoon. Ella's classmates were really curious about her spots, but i don't think that anyone teased her about them.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After lunch with Ella, Mom Wes and I went shopping to get the stuff to make her fruit pizza. (her cake of choice for her birthday).
Photobucket

Once Ella got home from school, we went to piano lessons. Daddy was supposed to get home early from work so that he could watch Wes during piano and then come with us to dinner and chuck-e-cheese, but a big accident on the highway put him a whole 1 1/2 hours behind schedule so after piano we picked up Mom and went to dinner without the guys.
Ella choose Cici's pizza for her birthday dinner! She LOVES the noodles there.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After dinner we headed over to the House of Mouse for games and fun time. Daddy met us there so we were so glad that he could come to part of the party. We all had a blast playing games, and earned 300 tickets for the birthday girl to choose a prize.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Grandpa got there just in time for cake and presents! I think Ella was very happy with her birthday haul.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

So I guess, even with the Hives and Dr. appointments, she had a pretty good birthday party anyway.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DARLING ELLA-BELLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment