Saturday, March 19, 2011

Projects

Last weekend we spent out Saturday cleaning up the front and back yards, getting them ready for summer. They look great now, and are very inviting. We decided that we wanted to do another project this weekend so we decided to start working on the living room. Today we stripped the paint off the mantle and stained it and painted the wall with the fireplace on it. It is going to be our accent wall, the rest of the room will be painted in a lighter brown. I love the way it turned out!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
ETA:
After everything dried and we had a chance to recuperate we decided to go ahead and finish the wall. Jon has been wanting a mirror over the mantle for a while, and I have been wanting to replace the mirror in the bathroom since I re-did it over a year ago, I had gotten a mirror, but it needed paint and such and I hadn't gotten around to it. So today, Jon took the bathroom mirror and rehung it over the fireplace and I painted the wall where it used to be and the new mirror. I think the finished mantle looks great, very classy and will bring more light into the room. Now all I have to do is get some molding to make a frame for the mirror and it will be finished. What a long day of work!
But so worth it. We also discovered while survaying our new wall that we accidently managed to match our curtains exactly, so at least we won't need to replace those!

Photobucket

1 comment: