Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Cooking lesson number 1

Elinor wants to learn how to cook, ever since we watched "Master chef junior" with Nana and Grandpa.  I didn't have much time during the school year but now that summer is here I am giving her a chance to cook for us.  Each Monday I do the shopping for the family, so I told her she could pick a meal she wants to cook and I will get the ingredients and teach her to cook it.  So for this week, she choose "Crusted chicken with Mashed potatoes (no skins) and Edamamme"  She did a fantastic job.  I taught her how to peel and chop potatoes, and get them boiling.  then we breaded the chicken and set it aside.  After Karate, we mashed the boiled potatoes with butter and cream and baked the chicken in the oven.  She didn't want to touch the oven but I told her she would have to if she wanted to cook so she did and was great!  We also made some powdered gravy for the potatoes.  Her dinner was delicious, the chicken was moist and the potatoes were sinfully good.  I was so proud of her and she was really proud of herself too!

I hope this will help her be more grateful for the food I cook for her and result in a bit less whining about eating at dinner time.

 photo P5270051web.jpg
 photo P5270053web.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment