Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our dining room makeover

I have wanted to get a corner bench for our dining room for a long time. I was sure that this would make our tiny dining room seem bigger and allow us more seating and some extra storage as well. I finally convinced Jon that this would be a good idea, and when we got our Alabama state tax return last week we decided that we would use the money towards my bench. With help from my dad in designing and building Jon and I built our new storage benches. I love they way they turned out!

Our new eating nook:
dining room

Look! benches!
dining room
dining room

Food Storage!
dining room
dining room


From the living room:
dining room

From the Kitchen:
dining room

I am also in the process of reupholstering our chairs to match the black and white theme of the room, you can also see in the other pictures that I am in the process of painting the trim black as well... kids get in the way, it will be done eventually!
dining room

I am going to get a new black table cloth to help the table blend in more, and I will be makeing pillows for the back of the bench so it is more comfy when eating there. I am also thinking about covering the benches in vinyl so they wipe clean easier.
I am so excited for my new benches/storage. I am also glad for the freed up space in the dining room. Much nicer now!

5 comments:

  1. WAY CUTE...and smart, too! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SOOO nice! And I have to throw in kudos for your food storage!! That is awesome!!!
    I would definitely put vinyl!! Our bench is tile, and it is still a pain to clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so great! What a great idea. Good luck finishing it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Smart use of space for the cans! Can't wait to see what pillows you put up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressed with you guys for dreaming it up and building it yourself!

    ReplyDelete